Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Morning Breakfasts

Well, usually on Saturday mornings unless Thad has to work, he makes us breakfast.....which I l.o.v.e.!! Also Thad can get pretty inventive when he cooks so on the menu this morning was mint chocolate chip pancakes......soooo good!!
And while I love and appreciate this yummy breakfast this is the part that I don't like....cleanup, but I figure, its only fair ;)
The kids inherited their love of chocolate form their mommy...
Lately, we have done a little rearranging here at our house.  We have a little room on the back of the house that has been our tv/playroom for awhile now.  This room has been a few things- first just a junk/storage area and dog room ( poor Lucky) it did have the original lanolium that was getting nasty from Lucky and so after she wasn't in the house, we turned it into the tv room, that (as with everything in a house with a toddler) slowly turned into a playroom.  We finally two years ago got carpet laid in their which made it much warmer and more comfy for movies.  Just a couple weeks ago though we decided to let it be just a play room- with two kids and one on the way, it just made sense. Soooo.....we moved the tv into our bedroom (meaning, it really never gets watched anymore which is fine by me....more on that later) and let the kids get a new little toy storage and bring alot of their toys from their rooms downstairs.  The room is always total chaos and desperately desperately needs painted, but alas, here are a few photos of the new playroom...ugh...
all of the dvd's were still on top of the drawers and those white chairs hadn't been moved yet ( they've since been relocated)

This one above- you can see where Elsie found a good place to write with a pencil on the wall ;)
Speaking of painting though, my very talented and good friend Janine painted Elsie's room this fall for me and it turned out perfect, just like I'd hoped! Her room was originally tan like the playroom, but we painted it a sky blue and she did the pink and purple tree and birds

we are supposed to start working on Jude's room, but Im still undecided about what I want- robots, dinosaurs....something that will be cool even when he's 10, so I can wait awhile to repaint ;)  

The kids have a few times managed to talk me into letting them watch a movie in my room ( we only have 1 tv in our house...I know....rare, but we watch mostly on our desktop bc we do netflix, so we hardly ever get dvds and I must admit that if I let my kids start watching tv, they could sit ALL DAY LONG....so I avoid it haha) I did let them snuggle up on my bed and watch a bunch of old cartoons that we have on dvd- they had a good time and look so cute :)
We've been having ALOT of bad weather lately though, so lounging around in pj's in mommy's bed watching old cartoons sounds like just what the doctor ordered ;) Hope everyone is having a great weekend.....we are :)








No comments:

Post a Comment