Thursday, August 12, 2010

Making a mountain out of a molehill

Well, today, my sweet children decided to make a "mountain"!!  And by mountain I mean a HUGE mess!  This is the third time my house has been hit by a mountain! I'll describe it to you like this: Just imagine walking into your closet and seeing NOTHING hanging on the rack, the clothes that are supposed to be on hangers....are not.  They are scattered all over your closet floor....off.the.hangers.  My kids happily and joyfully say to you "look mommy!! We made a mountain!" As they say this to you they are laughing and jumping all over the pile of de-hangered clothes.  I cannot describe the rage that boiled up inside me today when they hit jude's closet.  I am not the kind of person who always has my laundry hung up as soon as its out of the dryer, so when I do accomplish the feat of getting all the laundry hung up- I feel nice and organized and very accomplished!  Thats why I couldnt bear to take any pictures of the mountain- I want no memory of this terrible natural disaster that occured in jude's closet today.  I did manage to get it cleaned up and his closet is more organized than before, but now I have a whole other basket of freshly laundered clothes sitting in my laundry room waiting to be folded and hung up- I think I'll put a deadbolt on our closet doors!  HAHAHA!! But as I sit here typing this I think "you know, my mom let me do crazy stuff like pack my bookbags with all my little toys and stuff and hideout in the bathroom and pretend it was my little apartment, maybe I need to chill out a little and let my kids have an imagination....."  Let my babies live a little and have fun memories- I just wish making memories didnt have to be soo messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment