Monday, November 14, 2011

Books! :)

I dont think I have any pics to go along with post- which is usually what determines what I write about. This post I just wanted to write about a few books I have read as of late.  I have read some really great things lately and I am so excited to share them! The first one that I read recently was called " The Debt" by Angela Hunt.  Wow!! Such a good read!! I was so blown away by this book- it had to have been the Lord that made me pick this out of all the others at the library- its exactly what I have been feeling about ministry and church- we need to start thinking outside our four walls and get our eyes off of our needs and look at the needs of others!! I guarantee you will not regret reading this one!  Also if you like non-fiction, I read, a long time ago, the book about the Jewish Dr who was forced to work in the concentration camp in Auschwitz- it is called "Auschwitz" by Miklos Nyiszli. A hard read in the fact that its just very descriptive, but a pretty short book- only about 200 pages.  Also, I have to bring up "The Hunger Games" series.  I usually never get secular fiction, just b/c sometimes it can be just as bad a rated R movie.  But I had heard so much about this series that I wanted to check it out- it was actually the first book i bought on my nook last year.  I couldn't put it down and within like a 5 day period I had bought and read all three and have read them all a few more times each since.  These books are pretty gory- in a war- like way, not in a blood and guts, scary movie way.  I am really looking forward to the movie adaptation of the first book, but kind of dreading it at the same time- as we all know the movie never does the book justice, and I have a feeling this one will definitely fall into that category.  I am currently reading 3 books ( eeek!! what am I thinking!!) one that my father in law gave me called "Comes a Horseman" which is pretty good, but kind of creepy.  I am also reading "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by Harriet Beecher Stowe- a classic, that I finally got around to picking up.  And lastly, Thad and I are reading "Mein Kampf" by Adolph Hitler.  I am so interested the the world war II era for some reason and love reading things from that time period.  I can tell this is going to be a hard read- its long and he was a very intelligent man, and writes that way, but I have always wanted to read it- so here it goes!  Anyways, hope one of you guys will pick one of these up and enjoy them!! What are you all reading now- what books do you recommend??

2 comments:

  1. :) I'm a nerd and am reading the last book in the Inheritance series. More commonly known as the Eragon series? Hmm...it's bad when you've read so many books that you cant keep track anymore...oh my. :) Let me know how Mein Kampf is, I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, I read so much, i did the goodreads.com and I only have like 40 books on there bc I have no idea how many ive read, or even the titles and authors :)

    ReplyDelete