Thursday, May 1, 2014

Where do you find inspiration?

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Great Homeschool Convention.  I had been looking forward to it for months ( I was looking forward to the conference, but also, really, really, looking forward to spending time without all my kiddos- I did have Atticus with me- and spending time with my best friend and her sweet baby girl, let's be real!)  I knew I was going to go and sit in a few sessions and get to look at all kinds of curriculum ( there were almost 1800 booths!!)  But what I didn't totally expect was how challenging and how inspired these speakers and families would leave me feeling.  I am the type of person who needs to be inspired by outside sources.  I'm not naturally creative or talented at much of anything.  I have to work to be good at things.  I read A LOT! I've always been motivated/inspired by literature and storytelling.  This is my favorite!  To Kill a Mockingbird
 I find myself doing lots of research about varying topics that I have an interest in learning to do better.  I read quite a few blogs.  Here are some of my faves lately:   http://jonesdesigncompany.com/,  http://paigeknudsen.com/,  http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/ Many of them are from seasoned mothers and saints of the Lord.  I listen to music quite a bit and am usually trying to figure out the harmonies.  I think this fall after Thad graduates, I may take some voice lessons.  I am very emotional about music- I think many people are like this, which is why music is so powerful- but I tend to listen to music that reflects how I'm feeling.  Lately it has been these musicians:







I say all this to basically just say: Be inspired! Its an amazing thing to talk with other people about life and to just be real and to learn so much from being vulnerable and open about your experiences and what you've learned.  I was so incredibly inspired by these families at GHC and how they were bravely making the choice to school their children at home and hearing their struggles and victories.  I am so thankful that the Lord is still working on us and that He has made us relational people that can encourage each other in our daily lives.  What inspires you?



No comments:

Post a Comment