Thursday, July 29, 2010

Some of Summer

I have to start off by saying...I despise summer- yes, its true! I was pregnant with both of my kids through the summer and I hate being hot and sweaty ( i dont mind it if Im doing something to get sweaty like weeding flower beds or mowing or something, but hate sweating just from sitting outside!)  But my kids (like all kids I think) LOVE summer! They just love being outside period- no matter what the weather!  I do really enjoy watching them play and having fun! This year Jude got a slip and slide for his birthday (thanks Stephanie!)  So they have been playing on that a lot and they crack me up!! Both of them don't know how to run and slide so I kinda try to push them down it but mostly they just run on it and stomp in the pool at the end- also they love to drink the sprinkles!!

One thing I DO like about summer is that all the fresh fruits and veggies are so cheap!!  My kids are pretty darn good eaters and so we try our best to eat somewhat healthy ;)  My kids LOVE fresh fruits- a few of their favorites are blackberries and raspberries, strawberries, blueberries,  and grapefruits ( Elsie is also a little obsessed with watermelon!)  But I think our favorite summer food is by far- corn on the cob!!  My kids love to shuck the corn and pull off every little tiny hair, which in turn, uses less toothpicks in the end ;)     

Okay, enough talk about food ( I'm getting hungry how about you?)  Tonite we are doing Slosh Wars for FBI and Jude couldn't be more excited! He is dyeing to use his new squirt gun that we got from a friend's garage sale ( thanks Adam and Beka!)  So, we are going to have lots of fun water games for the students and praying that they will bring their friends! I am so excited about what God is doing in our ministry and with our students! Please be in prayer for us!  Anyways, summer once again prevails- Im going to be outside all night!! haha! Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment